Valentines Day is just around the corner. Why not surprise your special someone with a romantic cocktail or breakfast in bed? We’ve got the recipes for you!
Strawberry Rose Pancakes
- 200g Self-raising Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 300ml Milk
- Knob of Melted Butter
- Teaspoon of Sunflower Oil
- Red Rose Petals
- Strawberry Yoghurt
- Mix together self-raising flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl
- Beat the egg and milk together in a seperate bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour etc and add the milk. Beat together to make a nice smooth batter.
- Beat the knob of melted butter into the mixture.
- Heat the Sunflower oil into a non-stick frying pan.
- Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter into the pan to make each pancake about 7.5cm across.
- Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the top. Turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
- Once cooked,place a pancake onto a plate.
- Drizzle over the yoghurt and add a few chopped strawberries onto each pancake. Stack them one of top of the other.
- Once stacked sprinkle over red rose petals and enjoy!
For this delicious recipe you’ll need…
- Add gin, lemon juice, a teaspoon of hibiscus and lemon slices into the glass and stir.
- Add in the ice and top up with tonic water.
- Sprinkle some hibiscus flowers ontop to decorate.